Reporting to the Parish Priest, the purpose of the role of Director of the Sacramental Ministry is to prepare and coordinate the parish-based Sacramental programs for The Catholic Parish of Pittwater. The Director of the Sacramental Ministry is specifically responsible for coordinating all activities for Baptism, Confirmation, Reconciliation and First Eucharist; preparing and coordinating the Sacramental liturgies; liaising with the Parish and local Primary Schools in relation to the programs; actively involving families and the parish community in the initiation of young children; and supporting Parish catechists and other people involved in Christian Initiation and education programs.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, the purpose of the role of Catechist Co-Coordinator for the Community of Avalon is to coordinate the scripture classes in the state primary and high schools in the Avalon region, including teaching in the classrooms and being the point of contact for the other volunteer catechists.
This role is a part-time position working 18 hours per week and is based in Mona Vale and Avalon.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate, in their application for this role, that they meet the following selection criteria:
- A personal commitment to, and a sound understanding of, the teachings, ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Tertiary qualifications in an area that is relevant to the role is desirable but not essential;
- Sound understanding of Parish life and experience in parish ministry;
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High degree of discretion and ability to maintain complete confidentiality;
- Professional manner and presentation;
- Excellent people skills, adept in dealing with a broad range of people;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound leadership and teamwork skills;
- Ability to build working relationships with those people that come in contact with this role
- A current Working with Children Check clearance (WWCC).
Applications should include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the selection criteria listed above), current CV and Parish Priest Reference and be sent to:
Fr Bronek Pietrusewicz SDS, Parish Priest
The Catholic Parish of Pittwater
1 Keenan Street
MONA VALE NSW 2103
Applications close on Friday 10 January 2020
The successful applicant will also be required to undergoing pre-employment screening including WWCC verification.